July 26, 2020
MYSL’S 2020 COVID RESPONSE
- MYSL worked extensively with the MSYSA Board of Directors to coordinate efforts to return to training and return to play.
- When the decision was made to cancel the Spring 2020 season, MYSL refunded or credited all registrations for both MSYL teams as well as MSPSP-sponsored teams.
- MYSL made every preparation to provide our affiliates and their teams the opportunity to return to play by offering a completely free, first-ever summer session. This session was designed with maximum flexibility for teams in terms of rosters, divisions and game schedules. Unfortunately, we were only able to return to training, and we were unable to return to play prior to the end of July.
- MYSL, recognizing the concerns of our players, their parents and coaches, has relaxed the minimum roster size as well as guest player rules for the Fall 2020 season.
- MYSL will continue to monitor the MSYSA and the State of Michigan executive orders in determining the appropriate time to return to play. MYSL’s Covid post contains a link to the latest MSYSA directives and information for our members reference/guidance.
- Your MYSL Board will consider additional rules and restrictions that may be enacted for MYSL competition with consideration to the safety of our players, coaches and their families.