Referee Rules specifically for teams playing in the MYSL [rev 01/2015]
All family, friends, relatives and team officials must remain on the team’s side. Home team will have side preference.
- Where colors of uniform are similar, the home team must effect a change to colors that are distinct from those of the opponent
- Referees will check player pass cards beginning 2015. Managers should still be present with each team’s pass cards to assist the referee at check in.
- Risk management must be checked – there must be a physical risk management card, document or electronic document on a phone. If there is no risk management that person may not be involved with coaching or managing at the game. Please write RM issues on the back of the game sheet.
- Referees may not tell a player he/she can’t play a match, if there is an issue that arises at the game, indicate it on the back of game sheet. For an example – player has no pass card and opposing manager challenges it.
- U9/U10 will be playing 30 minute halves starting Spring 2015
MYSL Referee Liaison